Official Site of the NBA »

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

1778

6 February 1778
France signed a treaty with the Continental Congress which would provide troops, ships and supplies to America.
Philadelphia, PA
18 June 1778

British abandoned Philadelphia and moved to New York.
Monmouth Court House, NJ
28 June 1778
American troops held the field but it was not a clear-cut victory. Dr. Lumpkin writes that this "was the last major set battle between American and British regular forces in the northern theatre of the war."
Kaskaskia, IL
4 July 1778

Town captured by Col. George Rogers Clark.
Savannah, GA.
29 Dec. 1778

The first event of the Southern Campaign.

14 comments:

Coop said...

hey... you posted!

Coop said...

POST ABOUT SOMETHING OTHER THAN HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joshua Bradbury said...

History is important, Eric. Let's not get into this debate again...

Coop said...

SHUTTY

Coop said...

I never said it wasn't important. But all you've put on this blog since its creation is history.... there's nothing wrong with posting about history, but it'd also be interesting to hear about other things lol. I don't care, really, it's your blog. Just a suggestion.

John said...

Yeah some Life posting would be cool.

Joshua Bradbury said...

Well, until the 5th of July, my posts will mostly be about history. Sorry, guys.

Coop said...

I don't care... it was for your sake anyways. If you wanna be like that, I don't care.

Aaron C said...

Hey, Josh, nice blog. I STAND BY YOU-HISTORY IS IMPORTANT!!! LET FREEDOM AND THE MEMORIES OF OUR PAST TRIUMPHS RING!!!!!!!

Joshua Bradbury said...

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! Aaron, you are 100% correct! History is important- if only we could get our brothers to appreciate it as much as we do. By the way, thank you for your comment, I hope you had a great trip!

Coop said...

Blech. We never said history wasn't important. All we said was that the purpose of blogging is not to write a history novel.

Anonymous said...

Are you writing a history novel, Josh? :P
Well, for my opinion, I like history. It was always one of my favorite subjects....and I guess July 5th isn't toooo far away....

Joshua Bradbury said...

Thank you. Paulette. If only SOME of the readers of my blog could share at least some sense of enthusiasm. By the Way, great title for your blog! Lol!

Joshua Bradbury said...

Thank you. Paulette. If only SOME of the readers of my blog could share at least some sense of enthusiasm. By the Way, great title for your blog! Lol!