Official Site of the NBA »

Monday, October 1, 2007

Traditions

I'm in school right now. It's about 11:40, I just got back from lunch, and since I'm finished all the work I could possibly do, I decided to post. One of the things that came to my mind today was the Corn Maze Teen Activity. It sounds fun, especially since it's a new location this year, but I can't help but notice how "unskilled" our church is at handling traditions. The Teen boys retreat, that we all thought would last forever, lasted two years. Among other things are High Point (because there's a good chance we won't be going next year) and the Teen Sleepover. What do you think? Are there other good "traditions" that you wish we still had? Please feel free to comment...

2 comments:

Coop said...

Of course, the Boys Retreat is one thing we all wish we could have done forever, but we got bigger and Pastor Breault got older. Not a good combination. And the Dennos moved up there and took our living space lol.

I hope the HP tradition goes on, but I doubt it will. There are many reasons why I want us to continue with High Point, and one of them is the tradition thing. It would be nice to have at least one staple big event for the youth group and not switch everything up every two years. The teen sleepover and teen service are two things we could continue, but doubt that the leaders will opt to continue. Right now our most established "tradition" is the corn maze, and like you said, the location is being changed, so it will be fun but not the same.

Coop said...

oh and btw, change the clock color... I can't even see it against the background of the template. its jsut my stupid Mac, but if you could change the color that'd be kewl :)